Friday, May 10, 2013

Growing Pains

Really is an appropriate title for what I('m) went/going through.

Well I haven't been feeling well since I came back. But I'll keep my word and show the only art assignments I've done this semester. My only art class was Modern Publication I, the class we take after Intro. to Modern Publication (same teacher too). We had to make a magazine but it was divided into different assignments: the logo, cover, contents page and all of that plus feature and department articles put together in an eight page booklet.

My category was Garden, but I decided to make it a bit interesting and put a prepper/urban twist to it. The name of my magazine is Growing Pains but unfortunately some people didn't get the joke.

Logo

Cover

Contents Page

Feature Article

Feature Article (continued) / Department Article

Back Cover

I decided not to fix some of the mistakes such as tighter kerning, the three subheads I forgot to put in, and the price. I'm too tired and sick to do that. Unfortunately for the last assignment I turned in the booklet late. So what would have been an A- turned into a B- project. Oh well, I learned not to do that again. Maybe later I'll tell the funny story that went along with this project.

I used the fonts Alba Matter, Duality, Dead Kansas, Dead Secretary, and Death Font. I mostly used photos from foter, tumblr, and national geographic. The front cover was a tracing of graffiti from foter.

Other than that, you can see the revised logo I made on the back cover of the magazine. I really like it. I was supposed to use the back as a nameplate with class section and name. A lot of people went the extra mile, but I wanted to add my logo just to put my name out there. Surprisingly my teacher said it was a nice logo. I'll explain more about the logo in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment