Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Shred of Hope?

This is my number 1 favorite project I've done in Illustrator. I actually had some creativity in this, but only to the credit of my inspiration. Of course what inspired me was Daft Punk in their Alive 2007 concert (that I never got to go). Our objective was to create a soda label and we also had to write a description of the fake company, the audience and demographic. I had a lot of fun with both parts (except the name of the soda). But of course with that fun also came the many difficulties I've had with the project. Trying to replicate the upbeat and bright nature of the concert using Illustrator was really, really hard to do. I had to make the audience using the pen tool (keep in mind we only have the mouse to use) and copy n' paste them until there was no space left. Since the lights were what really made the label, it took me the majority of my time to concentrate on. Unfortunately they don't look good and are pretty pitiful looking. Also you can see the little bit of the label runoff on the lower right corner that I couldn't cut off. As you can see, this clearly doesn't do the original picture any justice. Daft Punk would be ashamed of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment