Saturday, June 23, 2012

Forced Project #1

I honestly don't want to remember those graphic design classes again. But the majority of my posts this summer will involve a project I did in my second semester graphic design class. This project was a two-part identity suite: one business and one personal. I'm thinking of redo-ing my personal identity suite, but in the meantime I'll show my business one.


I made a fake clothing business called Black Tea. Serving the rich and posh with glamorous and fancy clothing. Or something like that. When I was starting on this project I knew I wanted something like Aquaberry, the fictional clothing brand from Bully. But I mostly made my business resemble Burberry, maybe I'll make something for Aquaberry in the future. It took me a long process to finally make my logo, but I like how it turned out in the end.

The picture above shows the envelope, the (front) business card, and the logo itself. I also had a letterhead for Black Tea, but I don't like how it turned out. I seem to have trouble with letterheads. I made a grey tartan pattern for the background/theme to resemble the Burberry tartan pattern, and used a cranberry color as complimentary/secondary color. I think it looks kind of cool. Now that I'm thinking about cranberry, I may use that later for another project.

Next time I'll have a new logo to show you and hopefully a new banner/background.

No comments:

Post a Comment