Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dorisa Will Take A While

This is the class that involves the story from my previous post about my hymnbook cover. For my Intro. to Modern Publication class we were supposed to create a series of direct mail items for a company/service of our choosing. Our company or service can be made up or a real (actual logo can be changed) and we had to use that same company/service throughout the semester in every project. I tried to continue my Pokemon direct mail sales letter from my Copy Writing class but my teacher said 'no'.

So after a couple of minutes of being depressed I decided I wanted to do my series of direct mail on a made-hotel from my script. Before I was kicked out of Media Productions I took Broadcast Writing. One of my scripts became a whole story (not-yet-told) and there was a hotel I made up called the Belvedere Hotel. One of my upcoming events for the Belvedere Hotel was the grand opening of their restaurant/lounge named Dorsia. Yep I never forgot about Dorsia.

Front (you may notice that I used some images from LA Noire)
He said that I had a good headline and a very nice design. I just need to change the contrast to work with the logotext.
I also need to cover up Elsa for my portfolio/artshow.

Back (I deleted some unnecessary text and fixed a spelling mistake)
He also said the back had a very nice design.

To keep up with the 1940s theme for my script I made the design use black and white with a dark red gradient as the main background. To add a bit of elegance and class I put a damask pattern in the background. The symbol I used in my logo was actually made in my Graphic Design class for a previous project and then I added the rest of the words later.

My Graphic Design teacher thought this looked pretty good.

The font I used for the symbol and logo was Andes. For my copy I used Caviar and sometimes Champagne & Limousines, although that would mostly be seen in the rest of my direct mail series. I'm only showing my postcard project because this was my strongest project and I could have gotten an A- if I wasn't a day late. It wasn't my fault the printer wouldn't print out my project. I'm not bitter >:(

Stupid B-

1 comment: