Saturday, December 22, 2012

Soylent Green

IS PEOPLE!!!!!!

        I just had to do that. Soylent Green has become infamously synonymous with my name among my friends and teachers at college. They all know it and have tried to stop my plans that involve it. It is unfortunate that only my mentor understands the humor I see in it. After three tries (or maybe four) of trying to do a Soylent Green project in any of my classes, I was finally successful. I was able to make a Soylent Green-like project for my Professional Selling class. My teacher had enough trust in me to make this. He doesn't know what Soylent Green is; I plan on telling him after my graduation.

       For this project we had to make a sales letter, but I had already done one in my Copy Writing class. However that one was for Pokemon, my teacher later regretted allowing me to do it on Pokemon. This class was a business class but our teacher understood that half of the class were Graphic Design majors. So he said we could design it and that the more realistic it was would give us a step up.

       I would have gotten a 96 on this project but it was late. My grade for it went down to an 86 for being a day late. He gave some pretty positive feedback on it – had a good opener, good testimonials, clear benefits, and a nice brochure. He also said I was a good writer and that my sales letter was really good. Too bad I'll have to explain what Soylent Green is after I graduate. Imagine his face ^-^

The font I used for the letter was Baskerville and Luna Bar for the logo.

Unfortunately this and the finished printed product are difference in color.
For some reason InDesign wouldn't give me the same color I had for my logo.

Had a lot of fun making the slogan. Again, only my mentor thought it was funny.
I originally made two versions of the symbol. This one seemed more like an energy supplement for those people who work out. A lot. The one I chose seemed health-foody and "all natural".

Due to my lack of knowledge and time, I was unable to make an envelope for my sales letter.
This would have been the envelope I was going to turn in. (This SO doesn't look like Nookington's)

Even though he said I had a nice brochure I refuse to show it. It may be nice to him but he does not specialize in design. My art teachers would give me quite the critique if I showed them my Soylent Green brochure. I do like the alternative version of my Soylent Green logo so I might redo it in the future.

And yes, I do have too much fun with my projects. I use funny names and weird addresses – one address is at some cafe called Jo Mamma's or something and the other is My Mom's bakery something. Yeah, I like Regular Show. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment