Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rabbit Trail Galore


So the thinking process for this little project (which wasn't planned) may be a bit unusual. Who am I kidding, every thinking process that went into my projects are unusual.

It starts off with a text from a friend of mine, wishing me a Merry Christmas. That reminded me of my roommate, who is engaged. Unfortunately, after showing her the previous project with the outline of my old roommate, made her change the theme to her wedding. I told her the necklace that I had matched her theme. After returning from college, I asked what the name for the type of necklace I had was. It was a cameo necklace, and then I tried to make a cameo necklace in photoshop using the picture of my old roommate. After 6 hours (without the help of any tutorial), I made a somewhat decent cameo necklace. However, I will show respect and not show the picture of my old roommate (even in a necklace).

With that roadblock in the way, I decided to use a different picture for my necklace. However it didn't turn out the way I wanted with my previous try at cameos. While finishing up the project I chose to make it look like some ad for a jewelry store. Thus introduces my sister to this process. When I was thinking up a name, my sister brought up the Shy Guy. I added how he could be a psychopath and we laughed at the idea of a Shy Guy wearing a hockey-mask.

So there you have it: text from friend -> roommate -> cameo necklace -> Shy Guy -> psychopath. All I did to the Shy Guy was remove his mouth and add holes.

Whaddya lookin' at?!

No comments:

Post a Comment