Saturday, July 23, 2011

Banner Turned Movie

I was originally planning on making a banner, but unfortunately it turned into an unrelated composition of inspirations. It first started with listening to the main theme from L.A. Noire, which made me wanted to use 1940s women as my inspiration again. You might recognize the same three girls used in a previous project. But then I was listening to ELO's "Evil Woman" and it started tumbling downhill with an idea for a movie.
This took a lot longer to make than my recent projects, but not from actually making it. Instead my problem was how to execute my idea. The inspiration was there but I didn't know how it should look. I had to move the elements repeatedly to figure out if it looked good or not. After many attempts, tonight I was on a roll.
The font I used was named NiteClub and I know the title and rating are more risque than what I'm used to. My excuse was that I couldn't think up of another name and I was too lazy to thoroughly search for a PG-13 logo that I wouldn't have to change. Why not PG or G? Well look at it, it doesn't exactly scream kid-friendly. Oh well, overall I really like it but I really wish that I had made the banner like I had wanted to. Maybe I'll just change the text if I can't make a banner by my deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment