Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God's Been Good In My Life

It's one of the songs that always makes me cry. And today is a special day, not joking this time. It's my birthday. But I'm not here to celebrate the day I was born, instead all the glory and honor goes to God.

He's more than my creator, He's also my Lord, Savior, Protector, Comforter, and Father. I thank God for being who He is, and showing mercy and grace to a dirty rotten sinner. Because that is what I am, and I know I don't deserve anything good. I know I deserve Hell, I've sinned and done wrong against Him and people around me. I've hurt others, myself and most of all, I've hurt God. But God's been good to me.

He took me from that dark, lonely place and gave me a new life. He has blessed me, and has and will always love me. I wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for Him, and I'm so thankful that He loves me so much to have given up His Son for my sins, so that I can be with Him. He took me from a life of pain, agony, sorrow, anger and hatred. And gave me a life of joy and peace where I won't be hurt again. He loves me and always takes care of me. He has always provided, one way or another and never left me or forsaken me. He hears my cries and always answers, never leaving my side. And He shows He loves me, even in the littlest of things.

I am just a college student from a small family that's gone through pain in the past, but we are now a happy family relying on God for every minute of our lives.

God's been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment