Wednesday, July 27, 2011

God's Been Good In My Life pt. 2

Hey, I'm not done praising God, and I'll continue 'til my last breath.

Yesterday was such a great day. I spent it with two very special people to me who have seen me grow throughout all these years.  One is my mother, of course, who's been there for me these past twenty years. And the other is my best friend who's been there for me for sixteen years, yeah that's a lot. I am glad that God has blessed me with such a great friend who I'm not worthy of. She's such a good friend and person. She's honest, humble and a much stronger person than I am. God is so good to me.

I spent most of my birthday with her; eating lunch, going to the mall, making a cake and watching a movie that reminded me of what God took me out of. I am so glad that I'm out of there and now have a new life. Later, my mom and I went to a really nice (and expensive) restaurant. I was already full before but I couldn't help but continue eating. It was really delicious and the waiter was so nice; I really hope I gave him a good tip (I'm not good at math). There was also this cute baby waving at us from across our table. My mother said, "I can't believe its been twenty years since you were like that". I hope the parents understand that time will fly by before they know it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We made a Portal cake but the inside was a rainbow cake. Yeah, I'm weird like that. Problem is, now we have too much cake at home. One huge carrot from my mother's birthday, the big Portal cake, and the small (but delicious) cake from the fancy restaurant. Actually, I've made three birthday wishes: one at lunch, the other from the Portal cake, and one from the fancy restaurant. God is good.

As a twenty year old, I'll start off the week reading more of the Bible, playing DDR (hoping that'll help as exercise), and watching my favorite movies that are not animated. First, Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Day of the Dead (1985), the remake of Night of the Living Dead (1990), and I'll try to find Land of the Dead (2005). After that, Return of the Dragon starring my heroes: Bruce Lee and the awesome Chuck Norris. I'll continue with all three Matrix movies (also try to find the third one) and end with Behind Enemy Lines*. Yep, God is good to this lowly geek.

*yes I have more movies that I also like, but these are the ones that make me look particularly geeky.

No comments:

Post a Comment