Monday, July 18, 2011

Jumbled Inspirations

After finishing the project for my church earlier this weekend, I decided to do the norm. Sit in front of my computer 'til late or early morning. Yeah, I don't go out often. But I had inspiration hit me after listening to my favorite game's soundtrack.  This is the song that gave me an idea.


Yeah, I love DDR's dance/house, disco-style music. It's just so fun. I love how the cover art for the songs are bright and colorful with an awesome silhouette. Simple but effective.  And that's what I thought I should try to replicate.  However, it kind of got out of hand.

I also wanted to use pictures of 1940s women since I like how they used little makeup, and simple but beautiful hairstyles.  Too much of LA Noire this past month. I tried using the same colors that I thought about whenever I listened to the soundtrack. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make the same silhouettes without taking too much time.  This project was on a whim and I wanted to make it fast in fear of losing my inspiration.  Instead I opted for the same method I used with my roommate's picture. I didn't get the original feel of disco/dance/house music and instead I got a 1940s Charlie's Angels-esque perfume ad.

Oh well, I still like it. It's not perfect, and I should've corrected the outlines to be more curvy and less jagged. This took me about an hour to do, and I used a font named 'betty noir'. Honestly, would you buy a perfume like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment