Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Rabbit Trail

Well its happened again. One idea leads to another, then to another, then to another. Earlier last night, I was watching a video about some guy praising his own business card, which looks like a haughty greeting card. After that I decided to watch the business card scenes from American Psycho, and can not understand why they are so adamant on showing off minor changes in a card. I cried out, "Dude, its just a business card. Who cares if it has a watermark!". Oh well, guess I'll learn more about this when I have to take my advertising classes.

As I was saying this led to more American Psycho clips, which left me a little disturbed. Ironically, it wasn't the blood that got to me, but the faces of the characters, specifically Patrick Bateman. It looked a bit pasty but with a tan, or like wax. Not very human. The best way I can describe it is like those male dummies (or mannequins), even down to the lips. And where does this lead to? My weight loss challenge. After American Psycho, I was watching a video on Hollywood's top ten weight loss and gains. If these guys could do it, then so can I.


Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return some video tapes. Don't worry, I only watch good movies (which are very few).

No comments:

Post a Comment