Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fighting a Losing Battle

Bad news (funny for you) is that losing a significant amount of weight within a small of time is looking bleak. I'm really trying, but things just keep going downhill. My DDR pad is now officially broken, which means I'm stuck with just running. Normally I'd be okay with that, however everyday seems to be getting hotter than the day before. But I'll have to toughen up if I'm serious about this. Another problem that keeps getting in the way is my mother's cooking. Tempting me with bread, fresh out of the oven. That and corn, which makes me want to watch Secret Window.

Aside from that I've decided to post The Roost flyer, and hopefully I'll start/finish the other projects in college. When I was able to get back my camera, I was on a roll and worked all night on this project. You might recognize that I used the same technique from a previous logo back in high school. The hardest part was making the handle, and as you can see it's not perfect. But I'm happy with the result and I think it looks similar to my source. The font I used for the name is Betty Noir and I did some tweaking with the greeting's leading and kerning.

For just 200 Bells, you can have a nice, hot, refreshing cup of coffee.

I love watching Secret Window, the main character reminds me of a lot of myself. Especially the ending, that's how I am and look when working on some graphic design idea. (Maybe not the hair) Okay now I have to quote the movie. [Spoilers!] "'I know I can do it', Todd Downy said. Helping himself to another ear of corn from the steamy bowl. I'm sure that in time, every bit of her will be gone. And her death will be a mystery, even to me". Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment