Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Drawings, Failings, and Blessings

Okay, so here are the drawings from college and their original pictures. Our class was assigned to draw a human (a portrait), and to be honest, I hated being in that class. Keep in mind that graphic design doesn't really involve drawing aside from quick sketches to perfect on a computer. Of course, this isn't as good as the original, but I really did try and never got it right. And remember that I can't scan these since they're too large for my scanner and I can only take bad uneven photos of them.

I couldn't find the original photo from deviantart, so I had to take a picture of the one I printed out. You can see the measurements I made on it. Another thing that leads to my distaste of the rules is the limited access to internet. Which means not being able to see images and thus making it VERY difficult to find sources to draw from. Luckily, my suitemate was able to provide a picture since she's taken a similar class before. I should probably stock up on pictures before I go back.

I'm very proud of this drawing, even though I got a lower grade than the one above. I really was heart-broken when I got my grade back since I honestly did try and actually liked the source. Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk.

The original is from National Geographic.



Weight Challenge Progress: A losing battle. And I mostly blame my mother, the audacity of the her to bring my favorite pizza and Brazilian chocolates when I should be exercising like crazy and watching what I eat. So far I fear I may never lose weight before I leave if things continue like this. But I shouldn't complain, my mother knows I can't have good pizza at college and the chocolates were a gift from someone who came back from Brazil. Okay, this will be the last time to indulge.

I thought the box and chocolate wrappings were pretty, so I took some pictures to show one of the many blessings God has shown upon me. God is still good to me.

Simplicity is a sign of perfection. I like to keep to that principle.

Try explaining the importance of font to non-art students. 

I love pink ^_~ 

Holy smokes! A frog with a human hand!


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat my share of the chocolates. Oh snap! More inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment