Thursday, August 25, 2011

Losing In Style

Where's mah money? (I've always wanted to say that)

Okay not really.

It's impossible with the way things are going. Another temptation was brought home that would hinder my weight loss goal. Chocolate. And not just any chocolate, French truffles. O woe is me!

Which brings me to this: http://enchocolat.com/
I've only seen a bit of it but I really like it, especially the background and logo. But aside from that, I was genuinely upset at how I was gaining back the weight at an alarming rate. And that my mother was bringing unhealthy (but delicious) foods knowing that I'm trying to lose weight. However, she said somethings to help comfort me. One of them is that I'm leaving and that I should appreciate the time I have left. One of the many pleasures of being away from college is eating good food, knowing that you don't have to do homework after, and taking your time eating and talking with your family. She's right, I'm not going to let my vanity get in the way of my family and fun.

Now the harder news. I've known this for quite a while now and paid the consequences for it. I need to take responsibility and take my commitments seriously. Recently, I did a shoddy job for someone and now I need to apologize to him. Technically I have another problem of accepting jobs that I know I can't fulfill. His was one of them. The reason for that is because I didn't have my inspiration back and it shows. This isn't a very good reason and a scene from Daria made that clear.

Trent: I just couldn't get the music together.

Daria: Yeah?

Trent: That's it.

Daria: Why didn't you tell us you were having a problem? We could've made a back-up plan.

Trent: I figured I'd get inspired eventually. I still think I will.

Daria: Trent, it was a school assignment. We had a deadline.

Trent: I don't believe in deadlines, Daria. They stifle creativity.

Daria: Yeah, but agreeing to help us meant you were committing to our deadline.

So yeah, add that and a lecture from my mother and now I have to apologize. With this realization in mind, I fear college will be worse than I expected. I don't like deadlines, I don't like teachers telling me what to make, and I don't like that my school limits me from what I can make. But I made the commitment long ago to go to college, and now I have to stick by it. But for now, I think I'll take my time to smell the roses and enjoy the freedom God has given me.

Me too, after I'm done with college. ;_;

Although I love the entire soundtrack of Sonic R, this one somewhat relates to the picture above:


No comments:

Post a Comment